XMLdation is a niche but global software product company with some of the world’s most renowned financial institutions as customers. We have the ambition to win more with you. We combine banking domain expertise, modern technology stack, innovation, and an understanding of ways of working at financial institutions to deliver compelling self-serve testing solutions based on our cloud-native Simulator platform.
From our base in Finland and Ireland, we have built a strong foundation. We need a sales representative to join our small, focused team and ensure strong future growth across markets globally.
You will work hands-on in sales targeting central payment market infrastructures, as well as banks that operate across multiple markets and connect to many infrastructures. You will know about payment market infrastructures, and will have experience selling to banks and central financial institutions. You may have experience of partnerships that deliver sales, especially partnering with niche providers in the payments domain. You will be a driving force behind the growth engine of the company, and your knowledge and mentorship will help everyone in the Company to keep on track to achieve our sales goals.
You will enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and thrive being around creativity and excitement. You will be part of an expert and experienced team that tackle projects together with a positive and supportive attitude, and that like to try out new approaches to solving old problems. You will bring a creative and strategic approach and a desire to learn and grow quickly within the organization. The only limiting factor to your growth and success on the team will be your own ambition.
Work location will likely be one of the following: Ireland, London.
Our Simulator product is a Testing as a Service (TaaS) platform. It is used by banks and central banks to streamline on-boarding, reduce manual test efforts and increase automation, as payment schemes and payment services continue to evolve. We are used by more than 20 of the world’s leading financial institutions in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia Pacific as they adopt new formats such as ISO 20022 and JSON-APIs.
Personality and mindset
- Happy and likeable personality – easy to cooperate with people from all walks of life
- Able to build trust – has an opinion and is a good listener. Can sell happiness, with business value
- Consultative approach both for own team and for customers
- Persistent and pragmatic, but on the other hand s/he must appreciate change. We are still a startup – we try, we fail, we learn, we succeed
- Chutzpah when it comes to opening contacts and seeking the right ones in our prospects’ organisations
- Doer – works hands on with sales.
Skills and requirements
- Experience in selling technical software products and demonstrated ability to earn trust within a high quality and demanding business segment
- Experience in proactively managing pipeline: qualifying deals, estimating close dates, setting accurate deal sizes
- Excellent communication skills, including for creation of marketing content
- Ability and willingness to travel about 30% of the time to visit clients in Europe, North America, and beyond
- Experience in the banking payments domain is a must.
You may have worked for a software vendor or SaaS provider that delivers solutions to banks, or for a bank.
We offer a competitive salary and option program, participation in a bonus plan, flexible holidays and hours for a good work/life balance, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
About the Company
XMLdation was founded in 2009 and is based out of Tampere in Finland and Cork in Ireland. We have 20 people in total, including sales people in France and North America. In the last 3 years, from our base in Europe, we have secured and delivered on game changing deals across four continents. We need you to accelerate our growth.
Linkedin: Global Sales Representative